1. You know the adage: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." by Dr. Maya Angelou? Well, I've also added: When someone proves to you they aren't worthy of your attention, repeatedly, and when they consistently repeat the same behaviors they're often sorry for, you should not only believe them, you should stop dreaming so hard.
2. Anyone who can't make a promise and keep it should never be trusted.
3. Note to self: stop being outside of my means.
5. When it hurts you, it haunts you.
6. Some things can't be swept under the rug, or the blanket, or the doormat. Apparently.
7. There is no 'get rich quick' scheme. There is a 'hard work' scheme. Both schemes will break you.
8. What temps you doesn't make you stronger. It makes you make bad decisions. Those bad decisions make you make more bad decisions. Eventually you have to pay for your decisions, or make more bad decisions trying to make up the previous bad decisions.
9. What doesn't kill you makes you, blinder.
10. Sleeping at night might be nice. Being emotionally and mentally present during the day wake hours might be even better.
11. If you don't say thank you, don't expect it again.
12. Stop putting people first who would clearly put you last.
13. Anyone who doesn't respect my craft, my hustle, and my lifestyle, needn't apply.
14. I have picked out a few rings and a decorated an entire imaginary wedding: it can be found on my Pinterest
page. (Follow it!) I happen to also be an extreme workaholic and I'll never call you. Do you check emails? Text?
15. I always give an explanation because I feel everyone else needs an explanation. Sometimes it isn't what they need, it's what I need. Note to self: shut up. It doesn't actually work to treat others the way you'd like to be treated. But that's a good theory no one appreciates.
16. I just love the actuality of us together. The getting old part. But, maybe, you'll never be able to get there.
17. I don't know much these days of what you love. I want flowers, just beacuse.
18. Love me when I care, because when I really stop, I stop for good.
19. It is not ok to hit me up on LinkedIn for a date. What are you like, professionally attracted to me?
20. I don't have twenty minutes, nope, I really don't.
21. I really need an unwind. Note to self: This is ok.
22. “When angels go bad they are worse than anyone else. Remember Lucifer used to be an angel.” ― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere
23. Winter Dream Team Lattes with almond milk aren't a cure-all, but they sure are close.
24. I'm mad at some dumbass decisions and I'm made the people who are at fault you protect, I'm mad you give no fucks. I'm mad at your nonchalance. I'm mad every attempt I make to help is 4 steps forward, 3 steps late.
25. Christmas is depressing. Does it do that to you too?
Banner image by @arist_brain